Thursday, September 25, 2008

The First Day of School

Yeah! I'm finally up to the first day of school. Only about 4 more events to go until I'm caught up! Oh, yeah, and before that will happen David and I are going to Las Vegas for an optometry conference so then I'll take lots of pictures and be behind again. Oh, well!



Here are pictures of the girls on their first day of school. Scotlyn is in 4th grade now, Lindsay in 1st and Megan started Kindergarten. MAN, I'm getting old! ;o) Enjoy their cute little mugs!
Here's Scotlyn! We were very fortunate that both Scotlyn and Lindsay's backpacks were still in great shape after being used all last year. I threw them in the washing machine and they came out almost like new! That saved us quite a few bucks - backpacks are unreasonably expensive in my opinion! Anyway, I was happy because this whole being a doctor thing hasn't exactly made us immediately rich! ;o) Someday, though - look out Donald Trump!
Lindsay was so excited I could hardly get her to look at the camera!
Megan outside Captain Robert Gray Elementary. I think I mentioned before that the girls go to 3 different schools because of the way things are set up out here. Scotlyn goes to Lewis & Clark Elem. which takes all the 4-6th graders in the area. Lindsay goes to John Jacob Astor Elem. which is the 1st-3rd graders (and the school where they filmed Kindergarten Cop with Arnold Schwarzenegger!). And then all the kindergarteners go to Gray.
She was SO thrilled to be going to school! She is in the afternoon kindergarten class (I got so spoiled in Memphis where Scotlyn and Lindsay had all day kindergarten!) so she goes just before lunch and then comes home when the other girls do. She even rides 2 buses to get home. The first one takes her from Gray to L&C where Scotlyn is and then they get on the same bus together and ride home. Works out well! I'll post again soon. I've got the Puyallup Fair to share as well as those elusive 80's pix I know you all can't wait to see! :) Later, Ruth

2 comments:

Megan Rublaitus said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!!

You've been tagged. Check it out on my blog.

I miss you, Ru Ru!
♥*

Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't know your three school kids are in the same grades as three of mine! How did I not know that! We'll have to do pen-pals or something:)
Thanks for visiting my blog! I love to visit yours. Same ol' Ruthie! Love ya cousin!