Sunday, October 12, 2008

Our love for Mrs. Maynard

Lindsay with her Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Maynard, in December of 2007.


You may or may not have noticed, but Lindsay is ALWAYS wearing her purple Mrs. Maynard's Munchkins shirt. This was her class t-shirt for kindergarten and she LOVES it!!! It has a couple holes in it and I'm sure more than a couple stains, but as soon as it's washed, folded and back in her drawer it's the first one she grabs to wear again. I'm sure this is in no small part to the fact that her Kindergarten teacher holds a special place in her heart. They had a special bond and I know that it made Lindsay's transition to school much easier than it might otherwise have been.




The point of all this - aside from sharing with you what a great teacher and friend Mrs. Maynard is (HOLLA Candace!) is to share with you the back story about the following pix. I talked to Mrs. Maynard awhile back and she had noticed that Lindsay was wearing that shirt ALL the time. Because she is so totally awesome (okay - I'm a product of the 80's!) she bought THIS year's Mrs. Maynard's Munchkins shirt for her and sent it to her!!! I was aware that it was coming, so when it arrived I let Lindsay meet the UPS man. She saw that it had her name on it but didn't notice who it was from. I got the camera ready and let her have at it...she was THRILLED!!! She squealed and knew immediately that it was the new shirt from this year. She said, "it's BLUE this year!" She's already worn it to school and is eagerly awaiting wearing it again this week.




Candace Maynard, you are the best! We LOVE you!!!


2 comments:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

That is so cute about the t-shirt from Ms. Maynard! Looks like you had a great time at the fair! I am anxiously awaiting a post about your LA getaway.

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Sorry, I meant Los Vegas Getaway!